Voki

Sunday, November 15, 2015

My sister was home from college the past week. She was able to come to school and observe what the day in the life of a teacher is like. She was overwhelmed by the welcoming that the students gave her. The students were excited to meet Ms. Carrigan's sister and even wanted her to co-teach with me. My sister did not co-teach with me, but she did go around to students and help them individually. My sister could not believe how positive the students' reactions were to her. Having my sister come to work with me for a day was a great privilege and I am very lucky that I was able to do so.

Definitions:

college (noun)- education after high school
observe (verb)- to watch or notice
overwhelmed (verb)- strong emotional effect
co-teach (verb)- to teach with another person
individually (adverb)- separately
reactions (noun)- an action or feeling in response to an event
privilege (noun)- a special right or advantage


Matching

_____ 1. individually                                     a. to watch or notice
_____ 2. college                                             b. separately
_____ 3. privilege                                          c. education after high school
_____ 4. co-teach                                           d. to teach with another person
_____ 5. reaction                                            e. a special right or advantage
_____ 6. observe                                            f. an action or feeling in response to an event
_____ 7. overwhelmed                                   g. strong emotional effect

A verb is used to describe an action. Please write a paragraph using verbs about your day so far. 

2 comments:

  1. Taking your sister to school was a great idea! I am glad she loved it. I like your blog entry and vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you diversify your activities for your Ells. It keeps each blog interesting.

    ReplyDelete