Voki

Monday, November 16, 2015

Birthdays are very exciting to celebrate. It was my best friend's birthday a few weeks ago and I wanted to make sure that it was a special day for her. I decided to make her a birthday cake. I went to the store in order to buy the ingredients that were necessary in order to make the most spectacular cake that she has ever seen. I purchased bright purple frosting for the cake along with white and black sprinkles and decorations to decorate the cake. I went home and began to bake the cake. I mixed the ingredients together to get the consistency just right. I put the cake in the oven and when it was ready, I took the cake out, cooled it, and decorated it. I worked extremely hard on the cake and I could not wait for my friend to see it. As the day went on, the suspense was killing me. Finally it was time for the cake to be revealed to my friend. All of my hard work was worth it, she loved the cake!


Definitions:

celebrate(verb)- to honor 
spectacular (adjective)- beautiful or impressive
purchased (verb)- to buy 
consistency (noun)- how a substance is held together, thickness or fluidity 
suspense (noun)- excited or anxious uncertainty
revealed (verb)- to allow something to be seen 


Antonym:
Write an antonym for each vocabulary word.

1. celebrate__________________
2. spectacular____________________
3. purchased __________________
4. consistency__________________
5. suspense_____________________
6. revealed_____________________


The past tense is expressing and action that already happened. Please write a story of your own about something that already happened. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that you chose writing an antonym for the vocabulary words from the blog as your exercise. What a great way to introduce antonyms. What a great way to have Ells learn even more words.

    ReplyDelete